Sometimes, life can get a little crazy— even when it's good.
It's pretty easy to get swept up in the fast-paced rhythm of work, school, and social obligations, and forget that sometimes we need to pull back for a moment, breathe, and find simplicity. As someone who runs two different blogs as well as a business, I know the feeling only too well. Here are a neat two dozen ways that I bring more simplicity into my life when things get a little out of hand.
- Find out what plants and animals live in your yard or neighbourhood
- Make a mindful cup of tea
- Write a letter to a friend
- Bake bread
- Picnic in the park
- Take an evening walk
- Unplug for the day
- Bike to work (or go really big and sell your car)
- Get farmer's market groceries
- Go berry-picking
- Then make jam
- Give a handmade gift
- Donate things you never use
- Listen to an audiobook
- Learn to sketch
- Plan your day with paper
- Start a morning/evening yoga routine
- Accept yourself
- Simplify your beauty-product stash
- Practise daily gratitude
What are your favourite ways to simplify? Let us all know in the comments!