So you're on a tight budget— saving up for college, saving for early retirement (holla!) or paying down student debt (I'm in that bucket, too).
Going out for expensive dinners, globe-trotting adventures, and redecorating your house are out of the question, but you still gotta have a good time, right?
Here are 20 of my favourite ways to bring a little something into my day when dropping bills just isn't an option.
- Learn a new language with Duolingo
- Have a picnic
- Host a potluck dinner
- Reread a favourite series (or, read one of my suggestions)
- Have a boardgame night
- Film your day— make an artsy video
- Learn how to draw or handletter
- Check out a local festival or farmer's market
- Go geocaching
- Join a random Meetup and meet someone new
- Make a list of dreamy Big Goals
- Learn to code
- Try a new recipe
- Host a bocce ball tournament or, if it's Winter, build a snow fort
- Eat dessert in the bath with your favourite show
- Learn how to read Tarot cards
- Pick up garbage/volunteer to clean up a beach or park area after a festival
- Go for a run (Couch to 5k!)
- Start a blog and track your progress as you explore something new
- Check out a local museum or exhibition at a nearby university